15 Lessons to being Happy
15 Lessons to being happier from The Inspiration Tree http://www.theinspirationtree.com/2011/01/pursuit-of-happiness-15-lessons-to-keep.html
1. The only person that can ever truly make you happy is yourself. Stop depending on everyone else.
2. People lie, stuff happens. Don’t take it too personally.
3. Want people to think you’re amazing? Start believing you are, and then they will too.
4. Smiling is the ultimate anti-depressant. Smile and laugh out loud, it doesn’t look stupid, I promise.
5. The world is never just black and white, right or wrong, one way or another. Try and see things from as many points of view as possible.
6. “Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final”
— Rainer Maria Rilke
7. Have empathy.
8. Gossip, problems of the past, events you cannot control, negative thoughts and negative people; time spent on these is time poorly wasted.
9. When you’re jealous or find yourself filled with hate for someone/something, stop. The only person its hurting is you.
10. Although the newest, most expensive material things may make you feel as if you’re a better person, they won’t hold you at night or listen to you when you need it. Make sure your priorities make sense.
11. Step outside your comfort zone- it’s when you’ll really feel alive.
12. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, the people who really matter, don’t mind
13. Let your emotions out sometimes, humans have them for a reason.
14. Celebrate the things you have. Think only positively of the things you don’t (but would like to have) and they too will come.
15. Love unconditionally ♥.