Happiness in a moment of serenity and beauty
Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is. ~ Thomas Szasz
Our world is hectic, noisy, chaotic and filled with stress, so it is important every day to take a little time and grab a little serenity. Although I have to admit I can never say the word serenity without thinking about Seinfeld’s episode, Serenity Now! Today Google did something really amazing for its doodle to commemorate Claude Debussy’s 151st birthday. Debussy is the composer of Clair de Lune, and if you’re not a big classical music fan the name may sound familiar, but as soon as you hear the tune you’ll know it. My recommendation is take a few minutes, shut off the lights and bring up Google’s Debussy Doodle and just experience a couple of minutes of beauty and serenity.
I was inspired to do this today after encountering this particular doodle and realized this is something we all need to do each day. Just find a couple of minutes and let the world slip away and look at or listen to something really beautiful and calming. The trick here as described in this piece from Help Guide, is to engage your senses, sight, hearing, touch or smell. Some suggestions from the article that I really like in order to create a little serenity are:
1. Take some time to look at a favorite photo or painting
2. Listen to some calming and pleasant music
3. Buy a desktop fountain and close your eyes and listen to the water
4. Engage in some aromatherapy from a scent infuser or just a scented candle
5. Use your touch to hold a cherished item, or wrap yourself in a soft, warm blanket
6. Take a few minutes to slowly and completely enjoy a cup of tea or a piece of chocolate
7. Even just take a few minutes and let yourself day-dream
The really important piece to all of this is that you close your office door or find a quite place where you won’t be disturbed. Take these minutes in relative silence and without interruption and most of all be mindful of the moment and what you are doing. Most of all while doing this, focus on having a happy day my friends ~ Rev Kane
Other Posts You Might Enjoy!